Eggs in Hell
I Co-Directed and was Lead Editor for the 89 videos (over 5 hours worth) that make up this absolutely amazing app. The developer’s ad copy calls it “the most advanced and comprehensive cooking app for the iPhone and iPod Touch,” and they’re not exaggerating. This thing is incredible, totally worth the five bucks. Click the button below and get it. Note that I receive no commission for sales of this application, I just think it’s great.
On set I watched three monitors at once, directing the cameras and making sure we always had proper coverage. I had the additional pleasure of working with Mario Batali, and my co-director, Krista Ruane (who also served as the food stylist and culinary producer), to help ensure Mario’s performance and delivery were up to his usual high standard.
As Lead Editor:
- Developed a Post Production strategy and workflow for the project based on VERY tight budget and time constraints.
- Developed a media management strategy for logging, transcoding, and organizing footage from 3 separate Canon 5D cameras, to be cut by 4 different editors. This was especially tricky because we had to deliver 89 separate video segments.
- Recruited, interviewed, and hired 3 editors to work with me to cut all the segments.
- Supervised the editing process, which took place over 10 days, at the same time as I myself worked through my share of the videos.
- Supervised the process of pulling freeze frames to go with each step of every recipe.
- Watched all final videos to ensure the same standard of quality, as well as cutting style, was present in each.
- Hired and worked with both a Sound Designer and a Colorist to finish all video segments.
- Did final encoding and delivery.
Here’s another video on my YouTube page, Fettunta e Bruschetta (Grilled Bread with Garlic & Oil, a personal favorite of mine.